During this difficult time, if we look around ourselves we can feel that even small acts can play a role to make our planet a better place for living. Because of the current situation, many of us spending more time at our homes, planting a garden, or maybe just playing around with our family.
To make our planet healthy for us and our future generations here are a few things that can truly make a difference.
Make Earth a Better Place for Living
1. Save Water
- According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), a full bath-tub requires 70 gallons of water, while if you take a bath under the shower for 5 minutes takes 10 to 20 gallons of water. So try to avoid using a bath-tub.
- Always wash clothes when laundry is full to save water and energy.
- Try to wash cars and other vehicles with a water bucket instead of a pipe.
2. Reduce Energy Consumption
- Unplug electronics when not in use.
- Make sure to switch off lights when leaving a room.
- Use LED lights instead of incandescent bulbs.
- Consider installing solar panels.
3. Paperless Work
- Try using an online billing system instead of paper bills. It will also save trees.
- In offices and also at home, try to print on both sides of the paper.
4. Avoid Plastics
- Use reusable rather than disposable plastics, like bottles and cups.
- Consider using reusable bags for shopping.
5. Re-purpose and Recycle
- Donate your old clothes rather than throwing them out.
- Recycle plastics, paper aluminum, and glass.
6. Plant Trees
- Plant trees around your home and garden.
- Avoid trees and plants that consume more water.
- Always water your garden in the morning.
This is how you can make this Earth a better place for living.